DISPOSABLE TIMING CHIP
Each runner in the 21.1km and 10km run will receive a disposable timing chip.
RACE ENTRY FEES & TIMES
IN STORE ENTRIES
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 5 MAY 2017
The use of music players with headphones are NOT ALLOWED and may result in disqualification. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organizers or the WPA Office.
Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organizers timeously to discuss arrangements for their participants.
LOA Itheko Sport AC supports the WPA anti-litter campaign and no littering during the race will be tolerated. (No littering allowed 200m beyond refreshment point which will be indicated by the anti-litter campaign board).
Your co-operation in achieving this goal will be sincerely appreciated.
“Think Twice! Take the Step! Don’t Litter!”
Minimum age for competitors:
1. Half Marathon: 16 years or older on race day. 10km Run: 14 years or older on race day
5km Fun Run / Walk & 10km Big Walk: Toddlers and children under the age of 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
2. Half marathon & 10km Run athletes should wear their club colours.One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their 2017 ASA licences on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA licence, so that the ASA licence sponsor remains visible. Temporary licenced runners must wear the race number on the front of their vest and the temporary licence on the back.
3. Half marathon & 10km Run athletes not belonging to a running club and who do not own a WPA licence, must purchase a
temporary licence and pay the race entry fee for an unlicenced athlete.
4. In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter.
Corresponding numerical age category tags must be displayed/worn on the front and back of their vest. Participants may enter the age
category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
5. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group and wear the
appropriate tags. Proof of age may be requested.
6. Juniors (born 1998 or later) wearing a junior or senior license must display age tags (”J”), to qualify for age group prizes.
Juniors will count towards Open team prizes. Juniors must provide proof of age.
7. Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
8. All participants qualify for an open team prize.
9. All marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed. Failure to comply may lead to disqualification. The WPA Technical Officials must
be obeyed at all times.
10. No personal seconding will be permitted except at official refreshment stations.
Time limit for the 21.1km is 3:30 hrs and for the 10km 2:00 hrs. No time limit for 5km Fun Run / Walk and 10km Big Walk.
NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AT NUMBER COLLECTION OR ON RACE DAY FOR THE 10KM RUN & 21.1KM EVENTS.
11. LOA Itheko Sport AC supports recycling and therefore our objective for our race is to ensure that we recycle at
least 75% of the litter produced on the route as well as at the finish.
Ample parking on the Grand Parade and surrounding areas. R15 Parking at Interpark Golden Acre Lower Plein Street. Please arrive early.
Owners must lock their vehicles and ensure that no items are left on the seats.
Tog bag facilities will be provided by Biddulphs at users own risk. Cell phones, money and personal jewelry not to be left in tog bags.
A special bag card will be issued. No bag card, no bag.
Coca Cola and water will be supplied at regular intervals on the route.
Food & Refreshments will be on sale at the finish.
Lucky draw / spot prizes up for grabs for all races. Winners must be present at prize-giving to claim prizes.
PRIZE MONEY FOR HALF MARATHON
PRIZE MONEY FOR 10km RUN